This guide will explain how to configure iOS devices (iPhones, iPads, etc.) to use the eduroam network. This example uses iOS 11, but should work on any recent release of iOS.
Important Note: If you have previously conencted your device to the GTwifi, GTother, or GTvisitor networks, you should delete/forget these wireless configurations prior to joining the eduroam network. Only one GT network should be configured on any device at a given time.
- Tap the Settings icon on the home screen.
- From the settings menu, tap on Wi-Fi to acess the Wi-Fi settings.
- Make sure Wi-Fi is turned on.
- You should see a list of available networks. Tap eduroam.
- Enter your institution credentials when prompted. For GT users, your credentials will be the following:
- Username: Your GT Account username appended with @gatech.edu (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Password: Your GT Account password
- Tap "Join" in the upper right-hand corner.
- You will be prompted that the server certificate is not trusted. Tap "Trust" in the upper right-hand corner to continue.
- You should now be connected to the network.