This guide will explain how to configure Windows 7 to use the eduroam network.
Important Note: If you have previously conencted your device to the GTwifi, GTother, or GTvisitor networks, you should delete/forget these wireless configurations prior to joining the eduroam network. Only one GT network should be configured on any device at a given time. Follow the Forget and Re-Connect to eduroam section of the Windows 7 troubleshooting guide to learn how to remove old wireless profiles.
- Click the wireless network icon in the system tray.
- Click eduroam in the list of available networks.
- Click "Connect".
- When prompted for credentials, use the follwing:
- Username: Your username will be in the form of <institution username>@<institution domain>. For local GT users your institution username will be your GT Account username and your institution domain will be gatech.edu (e.g. email@example.com).
- Password: Your password will be your instiutuion password. For local GT users, use your GT Account password.
- Click "OK".
- If prompted with "The connection attempt could not be completed", clck "Connect".
- If prompted to "Select a location...", click "Public network".
- You should now be connected to the eduroam network.